Kampala City is the capital city of Uganda. Located along the shores of Lake Victoria, Kampala is a fast growing city, the business capital and the political capital of Uganda. Kampala is divided into five administrative regions that oversee local planning: Kampala Central Division, Kawempe Division, Makindye Division, Nakawa Division and Lubaga Division.
Important Attractions in Kampala City
- Cultural Sites – Kasubi Tombs, Olubiri (Kabaka’s Palace), Bulange (parliamentary building for Buganda Kingdom)
- Religious Sites – Lubaga Cathedral, Namirembe Cathedral, Bahai Temple at Kikaaya, Old Kampala Mosque
- Natural Monuments – Kabaka’s Lake
- Monuments – the Independence Monument,
- Political – the Uganda Parliament,