Top Things to Do in Rwanda
1.Go gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park, a place Dian Fossey called home for about 30 years. Gorilla tours are available all year round and you can easily book your trek with a local travel agency in Rwanda.
2. Take a ride on the Kigali City Tour bus and learn all you need to know about Rwanda’s capital city. Hop between Kigali ‘happy hours’ in the city’s most famous hotels; quench your thirst at local bars including Le Must, Sundowner, and Virunga Sports Bar; enjoy the evening ambience of Kigali’s resto-bars including Republica Lounge, Papyrus, Chez Lando and Mangaroca; live entertainment and Salsa dancing at Pasadena; and dance the night away at Kigali’s nightclubs
3. Go bird watching at Nyarutarama Lake or Nyabarongo wetlands
4. Enjoy Kigali’s diverse cuisine including traditional Rwandan food, Chinese food, North African cuisine, Italian pizzas and pasta dishes, Indian food, and North American & European cuisine
5. Visit Rwanda’s most famous and upcoming artists at Bushayija, Ivuka Arts, and Inganzo Art Galleries
6. Enjoy plays, musical performances and art exhibitions at Ishyo Arts Centre, Shokola and Laico Umubano Hotel
7. Find souvenirs at Africa Gift Corner, Mode Savane, CAPLAKI, ATRAC, COOPAC (KBC), and many more throughout Kigali
8. Get in shape playing golf at Nyarutarama Golf Course; basketball at Petit Stade; tennis at Cercle Sportif, Nyarutarama Tennis Club or Laico Umubano Hotel; enjoy a great work out at the Serena Maisha Gym or Laico Umubano Gym; and jogging along the Golf Course or the Prime Minister’s round about.
9. Get pampered at Ituze Spa and Serena Maisha Spa in Serena Hotel
10. Enjoy movies at Cine Star and Cine Silver